Conditions for Visiting Societies 2011
All golf reservations at Enniscorthy Golf Club are subject to the following conditions.
*** PLEASE READ THESE CONDITIONS VERY CAREFULLY ***
- Societies must comply with the Constitution, Rules and Bye-Laws of the Golfing Union of Ireland, and with the Rules and Local Rules of Enniscorthy Golf Club. In particular, attention is drawn to the €700.00 retail limit on the value of prizes that may be won by any individual for an event of two (2) rounds or less.
- A time-sheet WILL be operated to control tee-off times and play may be in three-ball or four-ball format at 8 or 10 minute intervals depending on the play of the day. SLOW PLAY should be avoided by combining high and low handicap golfers in three-balls/four-balls, allowing following matches through, picking up balls if unable to score and moving promptly off the green on completion of each hole.
- A Course Marshall will be on duty and will have the right to ask “Slow Players” to move on to the next Tee.
- Starting and finishing times must be adhered to. Confirmation of numbers playing must be established three weeks prior to the reserved date with final confirmation one week beforehand by email. Alternatively, you may see your booking and enter the names of your players, through our website, using the unique username and password provided, (will be sent by e-mail).
- An allowance of up to 3 less than the number booked will be allowed, on the day. A variance charge of €40 per person will be applied for each person, over or under this allowance.
- A non-refundable deposit of 25% is required to secure a Society booking. The requested deposit amount must be paid in full within 2 weeks of receipt of booking confirmation. Enniscorthy Golf Club reserves the right to cancel any booking where the deposit has not been paid.
- The Society must have an organiser who should be in attendance at the Club at least 30 minutes before tee-off time. The organiser must identify himself to the Club Starter on arrival to facilitate supervision of the 1st Tee.
- The organiser, or his nominee, must supervise the outing until all the society members have teed-off, or the reserved time is expired – whichever is sooner.
- The Club reserves the right to cancel or curtail the tee booking in the event of unusual circumstances pertaining, or adverse course/weather conditions.
- Play must begin from the 1st Tee and the markers of the day, unless otherwise directed by the Starter/ Marshall.
- A Society Booking entitles its members to one 18 hole round only. Additional rounds of golf will be charged at the full individual rate applicable on the day.
- The Club reserves the right to inspect the Society competition book to reconcile numbers.
- All fees must be paid in advance of the last group leaving the 1st Tee.
- Scorecards, which equal or better S.S.S., must be returned to the player’s home club.
- Reporting of scores shall be as per G.U.I. Union Bye Law 17.
- Enniscorthy Golf Club does not accept any liability in respect of personal injuries and / or loss or damage to any property. The society is responsible to ensure that its members and guests are adequately covered for public and personal liability.
- Display of advertising material both on and off the course may only be permitted by prior arrangement.
- Dress Code rules to be observed; please follow link to Dress Code page. It is the responsibility of the organiser to ensure compliance of his outing group with the Rules of Golf, local rules (as detailed on the rear of the scorecard and the dress code).